Sunday, November 10, 2013

What does it feels like being a SONE?

After I heard Tiffany on her interview on receiving the YouTube Music Award for the video of the year, I kind' of asked myself - "what does it feels like being a SONE?"

"...we have some crazy, dedicated, loyal, passionate fans..." Tiffany

These are the dedicated fans forming a pink ocean
through the use of the glow sticks


The fans of Girls' Generation or so-called SONE (SO-WON) reflects to the idea that the fans and the SoShis (the members of Girls' Generation also shortened word for their Korean name So Nyuh Shi Dae) are "one". The signature or assigned color for the Group (I don't know where it was originated) is pastel rose which can also turn into pink (like the pink ocean above).

Yeah funny Shi Dae

Fan wars seems like common to the entertainment industry which can be also a proof on the popularity of the idols or groups. There are fans against haters and bashers. And like the other groups, So Nyuh Shi Dae started with a lot of struggles and training before achieving the stardom. They are combined with talents, beauty, and heart - of which I also believe that even the fans of other K-Pop group will say to their idols. 


But really, what does it feels like being a SONE?
To be honest, I feel the same. I don't fell like being special being labeled a "SONE". I also don't feel like threatened by the haters (who cares by the way?). I am just being me hahaha. 

I'm a Filipino and in general I don't speak Korean languages so I don't know the meaning of their songs. But because of hallyu or the Korean wave that invaded the Philippines, the Philippine culture started to evolve. Yes, I might be a fool to love a Group that doesn't have a clue of my existence, but by making this Blog dedicated to the SoShis and to the SONEs makes me happy :) 


There was once a mentor told me that "not all the things that makes you happy is good for you"... Probably he has a point, but aren't we finding something to make us happy? What I'm trying to say is that, even though I don't know the words they are saying (but thanks to the Korean Subs providers) I still love them. I also envy there Goddess-like beauty and beautiful bodies that are also a source of controversies of plastic surgery. Again, that issue... why won't you give it a rest? Idols are deemed to look beautiful because they are in an Industry where their face should be given a priority, and even if they call the help of science, who are we to judge them?


Well, I might be slipping off from the original topic. Being a SONE is still being me. However, their charms captured me... their stories... their passion. I don't care if they had in a surgery or if they had a child from their teens, because I love them not only on one aspect, I love them as a person.

How about you, what does it feels like being a SONE? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Open Cbox