Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jessica talks about BLANC & ECLARE on ‘Apple Daily’

The entire interview is done by Apple Daily and is translated and posted on Soshified.


“Apple Daily”: The brand BLANC & ECLARE has been established for two months; what are you hoping for?
Jessica: I’d like to take it one step at a time, slowly developing my career. I want to do something similar to other people sharing their wardrobes; right now it’s sunglasses, and later there will be other products. I hope every woman will use the things I’ve designed.

“Apple Daily”: You have expanded overseas, including to South Korea, China, Singapore, etc. Is there a place you would most like to expand your business to?
Jessica: Right now, I want to expand in Asia the most, but before long, I would like to expand to the United States; I would like to bring my brand to New York and my favorite department store, Barneys.

“Apple Daily”: How does it feel after becoming a designer? Which designers do you most want to work with? Where do you get your inspiration from?
Jessica: I feel really great and really excited; since I was little, my dream was to become designer. I really respect designers, and would like to collaborate with every single one of them. I often travel and observe what people are wearing. And my biggest inspiration is my mom; from my younger days until now, she still picks and combines my outfits. She is my design icon.

“Apple Daily”: Now that you are focusing on your career, do you have any expectations toward relationships?
Jessica: I think getting married is a very important part of life; I would like to get married while continuing to work, but these two things have to be balanced.

“Apple Daily”: What is your ideal type? Your ideal age for marriage?
Jessica: (smiles sweetly) I’d like someone who can make me laugh, someone smart and gentle, and most importantly, someone I can trust, because trust is the foundation of a relationship. My ideal age for marriage is 30 years old.

“Apple Daily”: Do you often share your problems with your little sister Krystal (member of girl group f(x))? And do you talk with her about your designs?
Jessica: We talk about a lot of things, and we often send funny photos to each other, and eat together, because we are food sisters. I will ask her for design advice. We’re five and a half years apart; she’s still young, so I’ll ask her about young people’s viewpoints. We’ll always be sisters, so there are a lot of things we understand about each other.

“Apple Daily”: What are your future goals for the entertainment industry?
Jessica: I can’t disclose a lot of things, but I would like to continue singing and acting, and having more opportunities to meet with fans. I also have an interest in honing my skills in filming for movies and dramas.

“Apple Daily”: Now that you’re facing a different job by yourself, what is the biggest challenge? Do you feel really pressured?
Jessica: I debuted as a very shy person, not understanding how to do an interview, but now I have to face the media one-on-one. I’m not very used to this, and before, when I didn’t speak, people would think I wasn’t happy; now I have to overcome this difficulty, and it is a challenge as well.

Full credits to Apple Daily and Soshified

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Open Cbox