Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Seohyun Meets Dongguk University President Kim Hee-Ok

Dongguk University President, Kim Hee-Ok and Theatre Studies Year 4 student, Seohyun met up recently.


To-be-graduate, Seohyun, and President Kim are both exceptional representatives in their respective fields. They have met and discussed about the fundamentals required to become the top of the fields, Dongguk’s spirit and the university’s future. The discussion is facilitated by Strategic Promotion Director.

Host: How does Dongguk Education help you?

Seohyun: I think Theatre Studies is the best discipline for mainstream artistes. I come here for the dream of becoming a musical or television actress. In addition, I understand that being an artiste, it is very important to develop your character and inner strength. Education allows me to understand the world and appreciate how people live. I’m thankful to the professors who taught me wisdom and empathy. 

Host: Ms Seohyun is known for your charitable nature. You donated 1 million won to the school and rice wreaths to charities. Can you share with us why you are so involved in charity?

Seohyun: When I attended school, I encountered friends who stopped school due to their financial difficulties at home. I have received a lot of help from my friends during my university life, hence I would also like to give back a little to my schoolmates. The rice wreaths are love that I received from my fans. Regardless of the amount, I just wish to contribute back to the society, there’s no special reason. I’m glad that my help can become somebody’s strength. 

Host: what is the book would wish to recommend to your juniors?

Seohyun: “인문학으로 창조하라 아레테의 힘”. This book narrates how Humanities started from Athen, went through Middle Age, and resurrected during Renaissance (I think so, I am not sure if this is what she meant). This book allows us to learn from history and explained the importance of Humanities. I learnt to set my life priorities and how to live in moderation from this book. 

Host: that is a very interesting point you brought up.

Seohyun: The module that left me the deepest impression is Ancient Classics Studies. When we discussed about “Zhuang Zi” (Chinese Classic), I was surprised that a simple topic can trigger very varied responses. This is different from pure memorization work in high school. I learnt many things from my classmates. I hope that my juniors can learn more than me from reading Ancient Classics.


President Kim: I’ve seen from news report that you have tried tv and musical acting. I remembered you from the freshman entrance ceremony; I was the constitutional magistrate then. You were just a little girl when you first debut, and now you have grown to become an elegant young lady. It seems to be just yesterday when you received warm welcome during your freshman entrance ceremony, and today you are graduating. 

Seohyun: I still remember that President Kim cited a German proverb to encourage us on the ceremony. I was very young then, and I learnt a lot from the professors and seniors, this helped me a lot in my growing up process. I started my acting career this year and to display more sides of me. Please continue to like my works. 

Host: it seems that idol singer is not as glamorous as we think. Are there a lot of training and competition?

Seohyun: I was selected during 5th grade when I was on a subway. I spent a number of years training in SM. A lot of people thought that singer is a very glamorous job. However, the job is like a swan. Swan looks elegant above the water, but it is kicking hard below the water. There’s no one day that is easy being an idol. That said, I gained strength from listeners who enjoyed my singing. My parents often told me that they hope I will become a person who give happiness to others and take good care of other people. I think I’m influenced by them. 

Translation by: Seogeneration11
Credits to: SeoHyunForever

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Open Cbox